Wednesday 22 June 2011

Get that sticky bun off my frock!

Well darlings, time is chugging along merrily like a winged chariot or some such thing, and now we find ourselves hurtling towards opening night at quite a pace! Really it seems only moments ago it was March! I suppose this is what comes from the odd aperitif at lunch eh?


I've locked the lovely little darklings in a rehearsal room with strict instructions that they're not getting pudding until the dress rehearsal; one does have to keep a firm hand with actors you know. 


The wonderful Ms. McPherson and Ms. Macauley have been producing costumes and props left, right and stage centre - greatly aided by the legendary Ms. Pam Tait. Honestly, I was so overcome by her marvellous generosity this week I became terribly sentimental and bought her a sticky bun. Then again I have heard that spending a great deal of time hanging about theatres can make one lose all decorum. That is why they're such fun.


Speaking of impropriety I have a wicked piece of gossip that I must let you in on, come closer....closer....shhhh...OK. It is rumoured that several of the Darkling gentlemen have received a little ticking off in rehearsals because they're so thrilled by their frocks that they're getting terribly distracted. But my goodness who can blame them! I imagine they're feeling breezes in places that have never felt the breeze before! Or so one imagines....

Mr. Wragg-Smith, Voguing with abandon

Hinge and Bracket; the Early Years

As my darling son Dickie would say "Golly! It's all an adventure" 


Fondest squeezings loveys, 


Mrs C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment